From:
Sd8WatUH8 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 1996 19:10:49 GMT
dear ferret folks,

The local news had an item last night that three ferrets were to be put to
death and have their brains analyzed for rabies.  They had supposedly bitten
a guy who was looking to purchase another ferret (he apparently already has
a few!).  Two of the ferrets were up to date on their rabies shots and one
was not but they want to kill all three anyway!!  The death date is supposed
to be Monday morning.  Gov.  Whitman was mentioned in the report and I'm not
sure if she is involved yet.  I am urging all of you to place a call to Gov.
Whitman's office to try to get her to issue a stay of execution.  N.J.  had
a long battle involving an akita was to be put to death for biting a child
but the dog's fate was held up in the courts for over a year, the fuzzies
just have to make it until it's obvious they don't have nor have transmitted
rabies!!

Gov. Whitman's numbers:

 201-648-2640 (machine until Monday morning)
 609-292-6000 (actual person on Monday morning)

bernard
&
bungie (rabies??  wassat??)
--

( human nature has a much greater genius for sameness than for originality.
James Russell Lowell)