Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 19:00:59 +0000
>Does anyone have any good tips for removing Ferretone stains from
>clothing? I seem to be constantly dripping ferretone on my shirts, and
>my laundry detergent doesn't seem to do the job, even with pre-treating
>and several washings. I'm starting lose my whole work-wardrobe! :)

Hi Jillian!

Like BIG said, there were several responses posted to this question last
week - but I did not notice anyone sharing our favorite trick... We use
Lestoil to remove ferretone stains from our clothing.  You can pour it
on the spot directly and let it set before laundering (usually we do
overnight).  We also add some lestoil to the wash and then wash the load
again to get rid of the lestoil smell.  Works like a charm!  Even on old
stains that have been washed/dried.  Several friends have also used Dawn
dish soap with good results.

Lestoil - the ferret mom's friend :O)  You can find it usually in the
laundry or cleaning aisle, we get it at Walmart.

Good luck!!

Chris Sayne
Ferret Friends of Pittsburgh
http://home.att.net/~ferretfriendsofpgh