From:
Dragonfey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 23:53:22 -0600
Hi Y'all,

Well since it is the New Year, etc, I thought I would start it off right by
introducing myself before I start making trouble.  So all those that need
to, groan now and get it over with.

I live in Columbia Missouri and attend the University of Missouri.  I am
42, and have 29 ferrets and 5 cats.

I started a ferret club in Houston (where I moved here from) without
realizing the trouble it would cause for me.  You see, or maybe have
experienced, when others find out you actually love dem ferrets, you get
lots and lots of calls for rescues.  So I moved up here with 19 and
eventually added more until I got to this point.  Cats?  Well, 3 are
rescues, and all are Siamese of one variety or another.  1 from the pound
in Houston, 2 I actually bought, and 2 more where taken in from another
fml'er's parents when they passed.  I did also have yet another fml'ers
Mom's poodle until recently but her illness was too much for her.

I am Southern through and through.  Also identify strongly with my Scottish
ancestry.  I am sarcastic, outspoken and funny.  Oh yeah, I am majoring in
English with an emphasis on creative writing.  But I am also starting to
focus on working with the psychoanalytic techniques of Jacques Lacan, a
French psychoanalyst.  May be started to work with on a book on the
pedagogy of such with a professor of mine.

I am divorced, and very happy.  I play with the ferrets, who have their own
room, professor.  I have two major groups in my house, one full of complete
heathens, and the heathen wannabes.  The latter group have some physical
set backs so I leave them with each other, as they don't play quite so
rough as the first group.

I do play rough with my gang, I feed them kibble (gasp choke) and lots of
treats.  They are all fat and sassy.  In fact, Miss Delilah and Miss Sadie
recently won another convert over to ferret lovers when a friend of mine
visited for my Christmas party.  He had never seen them up close and
personal and I swear those little beggars followed him around.  It was
just too funny.

Don't worry, you will hear lots more from me.  OK, now those who wish to
can groan again.

Best wishes for the New Year,

Mo' Margaret and her Mid MO' Mob of Mayhem

--
Twice or thrice had I loved thee,
Before I knew thy face or name,