From:
Sedeca Gabrenas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 1995 10:24:30 -0400
I don't know if it is healthy or not, but until Cheevie was about nine
months old, soap was her favorite thing to lick.  At bath times, we had a
little platform so she could stand in the shallow end of the water (hoping
to ease her dislike of baths).  She would climb on the edge of the bathtub
and lick the bar of soap.  We had to hide all of the soap so she couldn't
get it, but inevitably, I would slip up and leave the soap out.  She tried
to drag the soap to the bedroom to hide it.  She loves to play in the
bathtub (without water only).  We put some of her toys in there for her to
push around and play with.  One day I thought her toys were louder than
normal, so I quickly went to check on her.  I had left the soap out, and
she somehow got it out of the dish without making too much noise.  She
would push the soap to the high part of the bathtub (after many tries), and
then let it slid down to the bottom.  .  .  the chase began.  When she had
caught up with her prey, she licked it a couple of times, and pushed it
back up again.
        Cheevie doesn't like soap anymore.  I don't know exactly when
she decided it wasn't a good thing to lick, but now she could care
less about the soap.

Sedeca & John
Cheevie, Yasha, and Smokey