From:
Laura Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 00:19:50 -0400
Hello all!  Again I want to thank all who have sent me info on the Pharoh
(2.4 years?, sable, MF) problem.  He still seems to be doing fine (knock on
wood) although he has been going back to the cage earlier than before (tires
quickly).  I'm getting off early from work on friday so I'm going to try and
get squeezed in right before the vet closes.  That is if my regular vet is
available.

One thing I forgot to mention was that about 3-5 minutes before he went limp
he came up and bit my foot.  He usually only bites when we are playing
ferret games (wresling, etc.) but this time he was just walking around and
came up and did it.  I guess he was trying to tell me he was feeling really
bad.  I'll have to keep it in mind in case it happens again.

It's really strange, when I first got him I was worried he was an adrenal
ferret because he was so thin and losing his fur.  His fur is coming back
but not as thick as the other ferrets and his is gaining weight.  I was
prepared to pay for what ever was necessary to help him if it was adrenal
and I am still willing to do whatever is necessary if it is insolinoma.

I guess that solves the problem I was having when I first got him-his
previous owner had wanted him back after he moved and could take better care
of him.  But even then when I mentioned if Pharoh was adrenal he might need
surgery- the person was basically telling me he'd rather put him to sleep
than spend the cash.  But he is mine now I guess (I haven't heard from the
previous owner since the time I told him about adrenal surgery) and I'm
glad.  Even if he is sick he has a much better life with me and the gang.

Our best to you and your furry ones.
Laura and The Troublesome Trio + Pharoh  -we really need a new name since
there are four now.