Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:54:48 -0800
There is nothing like a dozen ferrets snaking all over your body in
greeting after a 25 day absence! No nasty remarks now, the greetings
were all PG-13 except for a momentary lapse by a few who thought the
path up my 501's would be better from the inside than the outside. I
missed them all so much!

I want to thank the countless Europeans who hosted me, helped me, fed
me, and sometimes even taught me a few words of their native languages
without falling to the floor in laughter. It was a bit difficult for a
dyslexic such as myself to move from one set of sounds to another, but
my best attempts were never as good as the worst attempts made in
English made by the worst English speakers from other countries. I am
especially grateful to Dr. Susan Brown, Dr. Richard Nye, Dr. Hanneke
Moorman-Roest, Dr. Geert Moorman, Dr. Nico Schoemaker, Stephenie Baas,
Birgit van der Laan, Nanja Kroon, and the wonderful members of
Stichting De Fret. Also, extra extra special thanks go to Ernst and
Anja (Dutch host family) and Gaba and Bea "Bell" (Hungarian host
family). There are many other European ferret owners to thank for
their time, help, and support.

I would also like to thank the anonymous French lady in the tight,
short, red Japanese dress with the pointed toe high heels who walked
past me when I was tired and lonely and needed a place in Paris to
sleep; I was still tired, lonely, and needed a place to sleep after
her vision evaporated from view, but for a few moments, I simply did
not care. For a brief moment in Paris, I was once again 18. A second
incident took place on a night train to Germany with a lady who was
only wearing a t-shirt, but I only regained my 30s with that vision.

Seriously, I thank all involved and express my sincere regrets to any
I have missed. The work load was horrific, time was terribly short, and
I just had to keep my nose to the grindstone for as long as possible. I
will be returning to Europe at a later date and will try to incorporate
more ferret visits into the schedule.

Thank you all again,
talktobobc at yahoo.com