From:
Milliesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2010 08:04:21 -0500
We had a vet give a talk to our group several years ago and he gave
us demonstrations on how to care for your ferret and how to recognize
tumors and illnesses just beginning. He emphasized the need to brush
but said there is no need to use a toothbrush or those finger brushes,
it is enough just to put a smear of the toothpaste in the ferrets mouth
between lips and teeth, their salvia will mix with the paste and rotate
it around the teeth, there are little graduals in the paste that act
like a brush. He suggested poultry flavor in the doggy section as
ferrets love chicken. This way you aren't stressing the ferret out or
putting it through what it considers a real mauling while maintaining
those pearls.

Millie and her ferrets and Danes
www.txferretrescue.org