From:
Randy Horton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 17:57:43 -0700
I want to thank all of those who sent words of comfort and support for my
feelings, even if they disagree with my performance of the past when I usd
to treat ferrets and vaccinate ferrets of others.(USED TO) Even though I
recently had a severe reaction in a ferret(it was a shelter ferret) and I
was able to talk one of my staff though the ordeal and the ferret turned
out just fine the next day.  I did not recieve any cursing flames or even
bad flames just so you all know.  I did recieve warnings and insinuation
that I could be prosecuted for my actions.  I percieve that any threat to
this shelter, however small must be dealt with quickly as I have seen
worse things happen over something more petty than this issue.  I would
give my life for these fuzzies in my care and would gladly trade places
with many of those who aren't here with me today.  I still won't mention
any names, but most of the people who emailed me privately were genuinely
concerned that I would be in trouble and the shelter would not be the same
with out me.

Well, it may be a bit chaotic here after I've gone to ecsort all my shelter
kids to the other side, but I have trained most of my staff pretty well and
after they view my video of my last wishes, I am hoping they will throw
themselves into this shelter with the same enthusiasm and dedication that
they have seen from me.  They always seem to be here when I need them and
it seems it just gets better every year.  Gloria and I have plans to open a
ferret related products store with the money that her mother left us when
she passed away while I was still in the hospital.  It will help support
the shelter movement here in Colorado, and maybe Gloria and I can take off
for a little while after she retires from the military in Jan 2001.

For any of those that may have been offended by my messages, I apoligize
and hope you will get over it, and for those of you who offered words of
kindness and compassion, thank you so much.

Hugs,
Ferretguy