From:
Ferret Girl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:52:28 -0500
FMLers:

Please reply to: [log in to unmask]

Please help!  My 3 year old sable female has a mast cell tumor.  After
speaking with my vet, I went on the web and found an article by Dr. Bruce
Williams... said the tumors were begnin in ferrets.  This is good news!
However,

My questions:
*If I do not get the mast cell tumor removed, is it life threatening?
*Is the mast cell tumor indication that something else is wrong?

I do not want to put her through the stress of surgery.  She seems very
healthy aside from the mast cell tumor.  No signs of adrenal hailoss,
enlarged vulva, etc.)

If there is a vet and/or knowlegealbe breeder in the house I could use
your expertise.  I want to do the best for my ferret.

Thank you in advance.

Please reply to: [log in to unmask]