From:
Silver Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 18:11:10 -0500
Hi Fellow Ferret People

I was nursing 2 sick ferrets and trying to keep my other 10 from getting
sick, so I missed the FML for about 2 months.  I intend to read them all
eventually.  I did however, miss introducing myself.  I live in Orillia,
Ontario Canada, which is about 2 hours north of Toronto.

I call my ferrets, my 12 blessings.  I feel I am truly blessed that each
one of these little creatures loves me and shares my life with me.  My SO
knows that if he forced me to make a choice between him or them.....he
would be looking for a new place to live.  LOL

Please allow me to introduce my children.

Moxy: was grey with white feet.  Since I am Native I wanted to give her an
Ojiway name .  Moccasin is the Ojiway word for shoes.  I called her Moxy.
Moxy has sincw turned into a DEW

Baby: was a tiny little sable who was almost named Princess.  She had a
marking on her forehead that looked like a tiara.  We always referred to
her as the baby and the name Baby just stuck.

Mitzy: was named by my SO just because he liked the name, but is now
lovingly referred to as Mitzy the Monster.

Sandy: was named for his beautiful sandy brown color.

Buddy: was named Buddy because we had a lilltle girl named Holly and he was
a friend for Holly.  We lost Holly shortly after that.

Casey: we named him Casey because I liked the name and to me, he looked
like a Casey.

Beasley: got his name because I really liked the name and I have a verry
close friend who's maiden name was Beasley.

Laser: My SO has a retail/wholesale business and the owner of our local pet
store was buying laser pointers to sell in the store.  I was playing with a
baby ferret and when the men were discussing prices, I jokingly suggested
an even trade for the ferret.  To my surprise both men agreed and I exited
the store with said baby in hand, before anyone changed their minds.

Heidi: when she came to live with us she seemed afraid of her own shadow
and was always hiding under the microwave with just her nose poking out,
so she could see what was going on.

Holly the Second: was named because we got her in mid Dec. and because I
missed my first Holly so much.  The second looks like the first too.  It
was almost like my Holly had come back.

Smokey and Bandit: when they came to live with me they were already named.
They were named because of their color and because of the movie Smokey and
the Bandit.  The names really suited them, so their names were not changed.

There you have it.  All of my babies and how they got their names.  There
is one question I have?  Is there something wrong with my ferrets?  Not one
of them has ever stolen a sock!!  Should I be worried?