From:
Bridge Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 07:59:25 -0400
[Moderator's note: Bridge Greeter "421" is voluntarily doing a few
greetings while we ramp up greetings again. Nothing is official yet,
but I'm pretty sure 421 will be staying around for a while, along with
old and new greeters. BIG]

Greetings for Rosie

It was mid-morning at the Rainbow Bridge and the sun was warming up the
landscape. Bridge Greeter No. 421 was lying down next to a fallen log
by the side of the Rainbow Bridge, basking in the warm rays of the sun.

A page came running up to No. 421 calling to him that someone was
coming.

"I was just getting ready for a trip to visit yesterday's arrivals
and see how they were settling in when I heard someone walking up the
path," said little Andy, a Bridge Greeter in training. "You better
dust yourself off and look official. The Boss be upset if He sees you
sleeping on the job."

No. 421 jumped up, shook himself and toddled over to his greeting
chair. He was just getting settled when he heard footsteps echoing on
the wooden planks. A little girl ferret with a sweet face was coming
over the bridge. No. 421 rose up and extended his paw.

"Good Morning little girl," No. 421 said. "Welcome to the Rainbow
Bridge. " What is your name and let me see those papers you have
there?"

Rosie looked up at the big ferret and shuddered. "Don't be afraid," No.
421 said. "I'm here to help you. Now, lets see what we have."

As Rosie passed through the layer of clouds one of the Angels opened
his Book of Records and saw that Rosie had a brother Buddy and her
human Mom, Brenda, already here.

421 dispatched the page to tell Brenda that Rosie had arrived safely at
the bridge, and taking the little girl by the paw, they went in search
of her brother Buddy.

At the Meadow of Dreams, all the ferrets were going about their
business, chasing butterflies, chasing each other, and just catching up
on some sleep. Buddy was playing with the other ferrets when he saw No.
421 and a sweet little girl ferret standing at the gate. Buddy looked
again, sniffed the air, and then started to run to the new arrival.

"Hey Rosie, is that you?" Buddy called. "I'se be waitin' forever for
you. Our first human Mom Brenda be on the other side of the hill, but
now that you are here, we can go with her."

The two little ferrets rubbed up against each other, and dooked a
special greeting that only they could hear. The other ferrets had
paused in their play and looked wistfully at Buddy and Rosie. They
would just have to wait a little longer for their families to join
them.

No. 421 was sniffing loudly, and blinking his eyes. "Sun bothers me
sometimes," he said. "I really must take this up with the Boss."

No. 421 told the two little ferrets that they would have to wait until
the page came back, and then they would be reunited with their first
Mom. Buddy took Rosie by the paw and proudly began to introduce her to
his friends, who invited her to play with them while they waited for
the page.

No. 421 walked slowly back to his post at the bridge, wiping his eyes
with the back of his paw. The sun was nearing high noon, and No. 421
was looking for some shade for his afternoon nap.