From:
Sandy Harpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 1996 03:24:13 -0400
Hi Y'all,
My little Jeffrey age estimated at close to 2 years as a VERY enlarged
spleen and our vet has scheduled surgery for Monday.  In the mean time he
asked me to get on here and find out for him if a spleenectomy is still the
best route to take.  Jeffrey has become anemic and the last few days very
listless.  I have gotten the newsletter and am behind in reading so don't
know if anything has been said recently.  The vet and I both would be
grateful for any comments.

We also have Penny who it seems has an adrenal tumor, we have been treating
her first we put her on C-TAMOXIFEN 0.1cc by mouth 2 times a day, then
discontinued that and started LYSODREN 1/4 cc. daily for 5 days then once a
week thereafter.  After starting that her hair on her head began growing but
still not on the back and still a swollen vulva so we went back to the
C-TAMOXIFEN twice a day.  She has picked up in the energy department but no
more new hair and still the swollen vulva.  Our ver has not done an adrenal
surgery.  He has the equipment for it but if he does it she will be his
first.  At this point neither of us knows the success rate of this surgery
and if in fact it is worth the risk.  We would very much like some in put on
that too.

Happy paws to you
Sandy and the dirty dozen