From:
KM Ferret Rescue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2014 03:48:47 -0500
I posted a question about Lupron Depot once before and got some good
answers. This has been a difficult process of deciding what to do,
along with my vet's recommendation. My vet no longer wishes to keep the
Lupron in stock because it doesn't all get used. I'm willing to order
it for my use and others, as I have some ferrets that aren't responding
to implants and aren't surgery candidates.

This is with the understanding and trial that any unable to be used
quickly would need to be drawn into individual needles and frozen. I've
had two people tell me they've had good luck freezing Lupron, one for
three months and another for up to six months. Has anyone else had
experience with freezing it?

Also, I've had differing opinions on using the one month v. the three
month or four month. My vet suggests the three month, though he,
admittedly, is not as experienced with Lupron as some other vets. I'd
like some input on this from others.

Also, the most reasonable prices I've found for a 7.5 mg bottle are
NorthDrugStore.com and UniversalDrugStore.com for $249. I've also found
PlanetDrugs Direct for $229 for 7.5 mg 2 ml. Many of the pharmacies
that offered this in the U.S. are no longer doing so. If anyone knows a
place in the U.S. that for sure sells this and at comparable prices,
please let me know.

--
Debbie, Kindness Matters Ferret Rescue
Sponsor a rescue ferret for only $5 per month!