From:
Lisa Mesplay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 10:18:24 -0800
Hi, all.  Here's my once-yearly post to the FML.  Question: Do any of you
successfully take your ferrets anywhere via motorcycle?  We just got an
enormous bike, and the Loved One is trying to figure out how to turn Bug and
Raphael into Easy Riders.  *I* think this is probably horribly dangerous,
but who knows?  Maybe it's an everyday occurrence with some of you folks.
Any thoughts?  (And no, merely saying "it's too dangerous" is not good
enough.  I have to explain to the Loved One *why* it's too dangerous.  MEN.)

Fireplaces: Glad to hear it's not just my two who are positively stupid
about fire.  I thought animals had some sort of instinct to avoid fire?  We
had to buy a great big cast-iron folding screen to block the fireplace.  Bug
still shinnies up it from time to time, but at least we hear her and have a
good chance of catching her.  Raph is too much of a Raisin Butt to climb it.
I had a dog once who always tried to climb in the fireplace (to get warm?
what?) but for some reason thought ferrets were smarter than that.

Fur:  A couple of months ago Bug had a very bad Fervac reaction.  The vet
had to shave part of her beautiful white ruff for the IV.  The fur hasn't
grown back yet, and I thought it would have done so by now.  Do we have
to wait until her next coat comes in before this bare patch goes away?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

-- Lisa
-- Bug (Mom, my neck's cold -- knit me a muffler)
-- Raphael (Cool!  Do they make leather jackets in my size?)