From:
Willow Winter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:17:47 GMT
Hi everybody,

I just had to send in a note telling you one of my foster fur babies died
saturday.  Her name was Salty and she was a sweet natured, dark eyed white.
She loved to romp and snorkle in the rice bin we had made for her and was
taking a quick liking to stealing the fruit loops from the pantry(as well
as the occasional marshmallow).  She had adrenal surgery a few months ago
and was still trying to grow her hair back on her pudgy tummy.

Friday night, when she wasn't acting right, I called Kym, her shelter Mom.
We tried to give her fluids, but... She had a fast growing tumor on her
liver that had ruptured and there was nothing the vet could do for her
except to ease her pain.  I had a wonderful 2 months with her and still
have her cage mate Pepper.

Willow and the geriatric ward