From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 1996 18:22:15 -0800
I normally write about my ferrets but tonite outside in my yard my dogs
discovered a little rabbit.  I heard it cry out in fear and thought for sure
it was a little ferret trapped somewhere.  I happened to look out the window
and saw my dogs sniffing a furry white lump laying as if dead.  I ran like a
she-demon and scooped it up finding it was a little rabbit.  He laid in my
arms for over an hour refusing water or anything.  Then later he started to
lick my thumb and calm down.  I really think he was just scared to death.
The problem is I can't get thru to the humane society until tomorrow as they
are closed now.  I happen to have a whole huge bin of rabbit pellets because
that was what I used to build my ferret playbox<G> Just lucky I guess.  I
have brought the rabbit into the spare room and emptied out all the ferrets
from here.  I gave LBL (Little baby lost) a bowl of water and a bowl of
pellets and a water bottle as well.  He seems ok now (if it is a he) anyone
know how to tell if it's a boy or a girl?  My need is more info on what I
should do to care for this little guy until we find the owners or an adoted
family.  If you have rabbits and can help please e-mail me right away.  If
you know of another area on the net that helps me with this please tell me
where.  THANKS EVERYONE!

*      Kelleen & the INSANE Animal House              *
*      President and Founder of F.A.N.G.              *
*      (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)       *
*      Boise, Idaho                                   *
*   I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday!  *
*   All they want is lots of love and great chow.     *