From:
Donna & Daniel Christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:26:56 -0600
It is with heavy heart that I write this, to ask that Sandee find
Princess, to meet and greet her fellow Pantry Pal, Peekaboo Buddy, and
sleep sack cuddler Elizabeth, better known at home as Lizardbreath (for
Elizabeth in For Better or Worse , comic strip), as Ms. Elizabeth finally
bid her adieus at home, and quietly went to her next destination in her
sleep, off to the Rainbow Bridge, seeking her renewed health, and
Princess.  Who I am sure she must have missed deeply, since Princess's
passing what seems just a few short weeks ago, also in her sleep beneath
the panty, the two of them loved so well.  Princess so loved her raisins,
and Elizabeth too, as well as the Chicken bites, and lots of sleep for
both of them.  Princess also loved to chase the broom as I swept the
floor, I don't know as I had posted about Princess passing, this summer
being so hard hit, with so many departing our home, many within a few
approximately (24) hours of one another, that...it was like a whirlwind
had come through, here.  I have been pretty shaken by such sudden
departures.  Please check to see if Puma, Pico, Jalepeno, Lily, Hera,
Spaz, Princess, Bach, and Elizabeth do so find their way, they may just
be waiting outside the gates, for their own welcomes...there are others
there waiting for them too.

Tell Pico, that Marshmallow is doing well, but still has not gotten her
fur back, since she has only 1 kidney, we don't know if she ever will,
she has just tufts of fur and pink skin all over, but she is a happy
little girl.  At least we got to see you with a full coat of fur, before
you left us so suddenly.

Puma, my beautiful, quiet DEW, I am forever grateful for 1 more year, to
spend with you, we knew, your time was guarded on the earth.

Jalepeno, you were laced with that awful disease, and I know in my heart
Dr. Carlisle is so very sorry for losing you the day after your surgery.
Now I am down to 1 of my original 3, Zeus is doing well still, and I
treasure his time with us, guardedly.  Give my love to Bandit.

Lily, aka FattyFattyBoombaLatty (with affection) I miss your chocolate
nose.  Poppy is holding her own.

Bachie, I miss terribly your teeth filled kisses.

Hera, I will always remember the day I went crazy looking for you, to
find you curled up at the bottom of the umbrella vase, slippery and tall,
so you got in but couldn't get out, that picture is framed for all to
see, my white girl, on white background.  40 minutes going crazy trying
to find you.  Your fight was a valiant one.

Spaz, we had little time together, and I sure would have loved to see
your long white coat, turn soft and silky with an improved diet.  You
were making progress, adjusting from torpedo, to cuddler, sleeping on
the edges of the group beneath the bed.  I knew, you just needed time,
but we didn't get enough, I am sure that all the others are surrounding
you, now.  They are a loving bunch of fuzzies.

Princess, my little kitchen witch, my broom chaser, raisin lover,
befriender of Elizabeth, Pantry guard, I miss your wee face peering out
at me from beneath the pantry, waiting patiently for a raisin.  Now,
with Elizabeth at the Bridge with you, the space beneath the pantry
stands vacant.  Sidewinder, Taz, Snowball are still having fun, snoozing,
playing and slurping slurry.

Elizabeth, 2 surgeries, for growths on the foot and your face, Dr.
Carlisle spent 45 minutes making sure that his job was done right, when
he took that growth off your noggin, and we all said he could do surgery
for women too, he is so meticulous.  One of the receptionists informed
me, that her sister volunteered as his first patient for a face lift.  I
called them today, to pass the message on, that you would not be in, for
your checkup, that you had quietly passed away in the evening.  I knew,
in my depths, that we were coming close to the end, I am so glad for the
few summers we had together, getting to know you.  Your favorite sleeping
sack is going back beneath the pantry, if you and Princess will agree to
let the others reside there as they wish.  I took pictures, of you...
just a few days ago, like I knew now or never.

I miss you all.  Heart is shredded this time.

Forever in my thoughts, and always in my heart.