From:
shirley miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 May 1998 20:33:04 -0500
My ferrets had the dreadful greenies about a year ago and I understand they
will be considered contagious for quite some time although they have shown
no symptoms.

My Question concerns how to disinfect myself and belongings before going
around other ferrets so as not to spread the nasty stuff.

Does anyone know or at least want to make a guess how long the germs can
live on shoes, books, cameras and such?

I know both ECE positive and ECE negative households meet at club meetings
and shows, so what do they do to keep from taking it with them?

I really hope someone that knows a lot more than I do will respond to this
question because I have seen it asked before but never did see an answer.

I think this would be a great discussion topic for some of the more
experienced and outspoken members of the FML.