From:
Cheryl Lovett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 22:48:28 -0500
Greetings from Sterling & Cheryl!
The decision is in!  After several weeks of testing, debating and
protesting......Sterling has made her choice.  The winning poopy pellets:
PINE FRESH.  Sterling has not only taken to this litter, her accuracy has
increased to almost 100%.  (If mommy slacks on cleaning for more than 10-12
hours) Sterling sends a very clear message as to who the boss is!!!!

Well since my last posting, I have given two of my "test litters" away to a
friend with many kitties.  One more "test product remains for backup.
Although Sterling enjoys digging in GOOD NEWS, it does seem to work as a
back up.  On to new things..... Everyone was responsive and helpful we now
have some new questions.

1.  Sterling enjoys sleeping in a pair of my sweatpants.  Since her hours
are similar to mine, she sleeps pretty much all night.  The pant are 80%
cotton and 20% polyester.  I simply want to find out if their is any risk to
Sterling being suffocated.  I know that cotton "breathes".  However, I am
not sure what the 20% polyester does.  I have removed the string and elastic
for safety but since Sterling is in the pants for hours a clip, I want to be
assured that she is not at risk.  If you have any comments, please let me
know.

2.  Recently, I purchased CRITTER FRESH by Mardel Labs to clean Sterling's
cage with.  There is a sticker on it that says "Ferret approved" However, it
doesn't say by who.  Who approved this stuff???  Does anybody know anything
about this product.  I wasn't able to find any other cleaners which
advertised being safe for ferrets and it does seem to do the job.  However,
it doesn't have any ingredients listed or anything!  If anybody knows of an
approved(by whom, I do not know.....who should approve?) ANTI-BACTERIAL
CLEANER that is SAFE FOR FERRETS please let me know.Sterling and I want to
be clean and safe!

3.On the weekends, I usually go to New York State.  Sterling has all the
amenities : a second cage, food dish, water bottle and doubles of all her
toys.  However, I do not know of a good, ferret approved (There's that phrase
again!!!) veterinarian in the area.  Should an emergency arise, I want to be
assured that a ferret-knowledgable, ferret-friendly vet is within emergency
driving range!  If anyone knows of a vet in the Monroe/Warwick/Greenwood
Lake, NY area, please forward me the info.  I didn't spot anything in the
listings posted through the FML info. section.

Thanks so much!!  Sterling and I appreciate your knowledge and assistance.
Have a great day!!

Sterling and Cheryl