From:
Tanya Grave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:12:47 -0800
>- I would LOVE, absolutely be sublimely - overjoyed if anyone, anyone of
>you wonderful folk might have - some suggestion as to how I can ease or
>illiminate my sore swollen - itchy eyes!!

Hi Cheryl,

I am EXTREMELY allergic to everything in my environment (indoors and out),
including pet dander.  And like you I refuse to give up my animals (the
doc has been trying to convince me since I was 14 y/o!  I'm now 34)  I do
not take any allergy meds or shots to conteract.  How do I survive?  Well
my asthma has kicked up considerably but I use inhalers when needed.
There are only 2 suggestions that I can make:

1) DO NOT handle the animals then touch your face or rub your eyes.  Some
days I tend to *go all out* and just rub the heck out of my eyes (oh and
it feels soooo good!) but than HAVE TO take a shower afterwards and suffer
the remnant itching.  However I do avoid touching my face until I wash my
hands.

2) Rainbow Cleaning System.  Now I know this probably might not be
feasible - as it is very expensive ($1600 in CA but I think you can
purchase cheaper elsewhere including ebay).  I just recently purchased
mine and I have to say it's really nice.  I've heard from other allergy
sufferers how their allergies *went away* after using it over time.  I
would suggest seeing a demonstration just for your information and future
reference.  It may be something that can really help you.

Other than those two suggestions there isn't anything more I do.  I just
live with it.  I still handle the ferts and dogs, kisses and all, I'm just
really careful to not *rub* them all over my face/neck/sensitive allery
areas.

Good luck - and happy itching/sneezing!

Tanya