From:
Catherine Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 04:54:19 EDT
Hi everyone.  I need to catch up on the FML.  I, yes me, was actually sick
for the last week and a half instead of one of the ferrets!

Anyway....Annie, I'm sorry to sound rude, I really don't mean to.  But,
what the hell!!!?  I can't believe someone sold you unaltered ferrets!  I
hope to God that you let someone know who they are so maybe some action
can be taken.

Right now, you just barely have enough experience to be handling one fixed,
vaccinated ferret.  Let alone 3 jills and a hob.  I'm just so shocked!  I
have had ferrets, all properly taken care of...i.e. FIXED AND DECENTED,
for about 6 years.  I think I have become pretty knowledgeable.  HOWEVER,
I with 6 years experience would never consider breeding!  I do not have the
knowledge to do that.  Please please please do not breed them, give them a
good life, get them altered!

These are very unique, special and smart animals.  These are not hamsters!
Do you know the basics?  You should know the basics BEFORE you even get a
ferret.  Here's just a sample, Do you know:

what kind of litter to use?
what kind of food?
what kind of protein in the food?
how much protein in the food?
what they cannot play with?
what kind of cage you need?

I could go on and on!  Annie, I really don't mean to bash on you and stuff.
I'm not trying to at all.  Its just that there are so many things you need
to know about just caring for one altered/decented ferret.

Okay about San Diego!  I am soooo sad.  What can I do?  I live about 2 1/2
hours from San Diego?  Seriously, what can I do?

mad and sad,
Catherine and the kids.