From:
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 11:10:33 EDT
Hi to all, Well last week was sure better than the week before, only 3
ferrets got turned into the shelter, this week so far one has been turned
in.  but no adoptions.  I'm hoping becaue it was a holiday weekend and
that some will find homes this week.

Of the 3 turned in last week, on is a beautiful cinnamon girl, 1 1/2 yrs
old very healthy and social her name is Wedda, Buff a large older silver
male, was found in a garage, so far no one has claimed him, and Baby Boy
a 7 week old kit, a beautiful sable with some white markings, he is a
typical kit, bratty!

The little ferret that came in on memorial day is a mess.  she was bought
in Dec from the pet store of horrors in the Meadows Mall.  When the lady
went tobuy her they told her to come back in a week that she wasn't weaned
yet.  Juni has no tats, so not a MF ferret.  She is a bag of bones, and
very small for her age, which is stil unclear at this time.  I gave her
some moistened food, which she took so quickly she almost got my hand.
I'm syringe feeding her also to put some weight on.  she is also very
pale, anemic looking.  I'm wondering if she is even spayed.  Juni will go
to the vet tomorrow for an exam and hopefully see what the heck is going
on with her.

I have 8 going to the vet tomorrow for various things, Bigfoot is one
of them, he seems to be doing great now, so I'm hoping he will have his
surgery this week.  I've wrapped his foot because he has been chewing on
the tumor, not only is that gross, he was constantly covered on blood.  He
is such a sweet little guy, I can't wait to see him better soon.  Also my
friend Brenda came by with the digital camera and took some pics of the
ferrets, so by this weekend hopefully Bigfoot and his awful tumor will be
up for all to see.  Remember if you are in the Las Vegas area, we have so
many for adoption and some ferrets needing foster homes, please come by
and see us.  We could also use a hand with moving at the end of the month,
and help at the adoption center at Petsmart.

BTW, Bigfoot loved all his cards, it made him feel very special when I
read them to him!

Well gotta go hand feed 6 ferrets and do meds, and then to work, yuck!

Take care,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
"where ferrets are treated like gold"