From:
Regina Badriya Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 14:18:57 -0500
I happened to hear a National Public Radio show on Wednesday that
discussed international responses to avian flu, and ferrets were
specifically mentioned as one of the mammals known to be susceptible to
avian flu.  The speaker was not a medical professional, but is a reporter
for New Scientist magazine.  There's not really any more information
relevant to ferrets in the broadcast than what I said here, but if
anyone wants to hear it for themselves, you can find it here (the ferret
reference comes a little more than 2 minutes into the broadcast):

http://www.here-now.org/shows/2006/03/20060301_1.asp

Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask]
http://users.rcn.com/badriya/

"Is that my business?  Well, what is my business?  Do I know?  Did I ever
know?  Let's not go into that.  You're not human tonight, Marlowe.  Maybe
I never was or ever will be... Maybe we all get like this in the cold
half-lit world where always the wrong thing happens and never the right."
--Raymond Chandler, The Little Sister