From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 11:13:36 -0700
Hello Ferret Family!

First, I want to thank those involved in sending out the Mothers Day cards
(Carol Krause, Sharon Baer and Judy Cooke).  You all are wonderful for
helping our ferrets send us cards!

Here is an update on the Ferret Corner Shelter (Sierra Vista, Arizona):

We had a wonderful picnic/fund raiser in April.  We all had a wonderful
time.  We had a lot of people and about 15 ferrets come.  We had the
play-pen set up with toys, blankets, litter box, food, water and even
a swamp cooler (kinda like an air conditioner).  The ferrets played
games.... ok...well some of them did and some of the owners ended up
playing it for them!  I should have some pictures up on our website by the
end of the month.  We are planning on the next picnic being November 3rd.

We currently have 4 ferrets in the shelter.

Stinker, 4 1/2 year old female sable spayed and descented.  She came to us
with her cage mate, Buster, over the Easter weekend.  She was thin and had
a swollen vulva.  She just had surgery for right side adrenal last week
and is doing pretty good.  She is a sweet ferret who loves to play in
plastic bags or under blankets.  She will climb into a bag and lay down
and wait for you to rub her, then she starts "laughing".  She loves to
lay at your feet and she also loves to splash water on her belly.  So when
you go to pick her up she is all wet and you can't do anything but laugh.

Buster, 4 1/2 year old male silver, neutered and descented.  When he got
here he was malnourished.  VERY VERY THIN!  His problem was his teeth.
They were hurting him too much to eat.  We put him on duck soup and he is
now eating hard food again (along with duck soup....just cause he likes it
and we are still trying to put some more weight on him).  I consider him
a special needs ferret because he needs extra love and attention.  He has
a hard time seeing and sometimes hearing...but the boy has got a nose!
He is funny to watch play cause he just "flips out" and runs around and
bounces off things.  He is another really sweet one.  He does try to take
you into a hidey hole though!

Stinker and Buster need to be adopted out as a pair.  They have been
together for 2 1/2 years.  They should be ready for adoption in June.

Sable, 1 year old female sable, spayed (just last month).  She is full
of energy and really sweet.  She is a great group ferret.  She loves to
"talk".  She seems to run and bounce every where she goes.  Again, another
sweet one.  We might have found a home for her already.

Fuzzball, 3 year old male, sable, neutered (just last week).  --Will be
adopting out this Sunday!!!

Here is our website if you want to look at the adoptables.
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz

Thanks and have a wonderful day!
Joanne