From:
"Mark Sonder, CSEP" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:25:58 -0400
The Blizzard Raffle Breaks Records

I am reminded of an Associated Press article back in December by
Margery Gibbs, where she wrote on, "Pets a luxury many can no longer
afford." Her topic sentence/paragraph was, "A growing number of
Americans are giving up their [domestic pets] to animal shelters as
the emotional bonds between people and pets get tested by the economic
ones."

Fortunately, the ferret community has come together with the Blizzard
Memorial Fund Raffle. This raffle, which ended 2 weeks ago and which
is administered by Support Our Shelters (SOS), set a new financial and
participation record as over $2000 was donated by 92 people buying
tickets (that's about $22 a person!).

We thank everyone who participated, we congratulate the 20 winners
and we also appreciate the efforts of Kat Parsons from SOS who was
instrumental in making this raffle a success for shelter ferrets across
the country. $1000 has already been distributed to ferrets in dire
need.

Please remember that shelter ferrets are in dire need all year long.
Hence, everyone can be a winner at
http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/blizzard/IMO-Blizzard.html
Mugs, T-shirts, etc. it's all here as well as just making a donation.

Allow SOS to do the work collectively that we, as individuals may not
be able to do.

Thank you all once again for participating in the Blizzard Memorial
Fund Raffle.

Mark Sonder, CSEP
Chief Entertainment Officer
Mark Sonder Productions, Inc.
540-636-1640
<http://www.marksonderproductions.com>
author, "Event Entertainment and Production" (Wiley 2004)