From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 07:56:15 -0500
Judy wrote:
>I don't know firsthand what it feels like to have my organs destroyed
>by antibodies, but my *guess* is that there is some amount of pain and
>suffering involved.

Don't know what the ferret pain threshold is, but in this human anyway,
autoimmune disease sometimes hurts like hell.  Everybody knows how the flu
feels, right?  Achey joints, achey head, oh so tired, body too heavy to
move.  Autoimmune disease can be a lot like that -- or a lot worse.  Don't
know if ADV has the destructive range of autoimmunity in humans.  Can it
attack the central nervous system?  The circulatory system?  Every cell in
the body?  If you can't empathise, can't relate, can't understand ADV, take
a stroll through the online literature about human autoimmune diseases --
rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, scleroderma, ankylosing spondylitis, etc etc
etc   While the destructive mechanisms of autoimmune disease are infinite
and variable, pain is one consistent factor!  Give what you can for ADV
research.  I wouldn't wish autoimmune disease on my worst enemy --- much
less my fuzzy little friends.

[LA]