From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 08:54:43 -0700
There is the possibility that my husband and I might have to move to the
Washington D.C. area in a couple of years for his work.  I believe
ferrets are still illegal in D.C., but not its suburbs (please correct
me if I'm wrong) but we would probably be looking at living in Virginia
or Maryland.  We have heard horror stories about the price of real estate
in that area so we will most likely have to rent.  We have also been told
that it isn't easy to find ferret friendly landlords and that we will
either not be able to find a place to rent that will allow ferrets or if
we do, our deposit will be non-refundable or much larger than the normal
amount because of the ferrets.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of trying to rent with
ferrets that could be helpful to us?  I know my inquiry might seem
premature but I figure you can never start researching too early and our
carpet sharks have to be our priority.

Thanks in advance!

Dooks from ours to yours,
Weasel-lover.