Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 23:43:20 -0400
Hello All:

Sorry for the delay in this posting...busy weekend.

Eight weeks ago I posted that we were beginning experimental adrenal
treatments using a relatively new (in ferrets anyway) drug named Anipryl.
I've been making weekly posts on what we've seen so far.

Quick background
----------------
Newone is an 8 year old neutered female who has had inoperable adrenal
tumors since she was 6.  Most of her hair is gone, but the use of colloidal
silver seems to have stabilized her disease.

Puck is a 6 year old albino neutered male, with intact scent glands.  He was
diagnosed with adrenal in 1995 and had the "easy" adrenal removed.  This
past Christmas he suffered a nasty bite to the neck which got severely
infected, had to be operated on, and which seemed to retrigger his adrenal.
Hair regrowth in the wounded area was very slow, and his hair began thinning
out along portions of his spine and tail in classic adrenal fashion.

which she has been using successfully in dogs.  Dosage is .5mg per day per
weasel, with the pill hidden in a raisin.  We began treatment on 2/20/98.

Results So Far
--------------
Our vet believed we would not see any results until about 1 month of
treatment.

Basically everybody is doing wonderfully.  Newone is as chipper as a mostly
bald 8 year old weasel can be, and Puck is playful and happy.  Puck's weight
is still down a smudge from his bout with low blood sugar, but he's eating
well and playful when out.  We leave him with the younger ferrets from time
to time and he handles himself just fine.

Summary
-------

   Puck:    Doing good
   Newone:  Doing good