From:
"Tara C. Radford" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 18:25:35 -0700
I just talked to Kristine Lunny (Friends of Fuzzies Shelter,The Giving
Tree)...

The Eugene Oregon Shelter posted last week here,that they were closing &
all ferrets to go to Chris Mathis (Oregon City Shelter) unless someone
wanted to "take over"

Thank God these kids were to be released to Chris.  This is the WORST
case of Shelter abuse Kristine had witnessed...(they went together)

There are 17 elderly ferrets involved.They were packed into a tiny room
in a trailor in Eugene Oregon,with NO food nor water... No blankets,tiny
wire cages...they had never seen the floor... ALL need surgeries,all are
at least, adrenal.  They ALL look to need surgery NOW.Trouble is they are
all just skin & bones,no one is certain the last time they even saw
food.They will also need hydration,meds,ADV tests,vaccinations..most of
you know the drill.

They have urine burns,foot fungus,cataracts,tumors,insulinomas...OK you
name it..

This is TRUELY SICKENING....

I guess this so called Shelter Operator tried to get out of this 2 years
ago but her Board of Directors wouldn't let her??  Well,that is HER
story..the President kept 2 of the kids she was fostering to place them
herself..(?)

When they arrived this "person" showed them her "sweetest little girl"...
this kid was seizing,comotose & this "person" had NO clue..it took 2cc's
of Karo syrup or who knows there probably would of only been 16
ferrets... GRRRRR

 ..plus there is a vicious biter..

I'm just shaking as i write this..  Ring any bells?????  I'm thinkin' the
words Jen Morrison and you KNOW just how much i HATE those words.....

PLEASE HELP!!!!!  They didn't even bring enough carriers as the Operator
was only going to turn over 6...so they even had to stop at Petco & buy
those..(plus water & food & supplies)

THIS is truely an Emergency...

The Vet bill will be HUGE on this...and i sure don't think these 2
WONDERFUL women should have to pay it..it's enough they must do the care
and pay the price these cases cause..the Heartache and sadness..i would
trade money for that anytime..

Pay pal for Kristine is: [log in to unmask]
I will get you the Paypal for Chris
DR Alice will be the Vet on most of these cases...
Her phone number is:1-503-829-4428

I'm sorry i do not have more info at this time,they are still in/route to
the Shelter and our Vet is closed...

Chis will need Sponser parents for these kids,PLEASE call her at
1-888-613-6342

anytime if you are willing to help...starting tomorrow as tonight is
every Shelters nightmare...giving all 17 baths,shots & generally acessing
every one.REMEMBER these kids are elderly so the trama will probably take
it's toll:(

You can also go to the PFSN Website at www.ferretnet.org
Bless you..I'm beggin' here....

Love,
Tara

Join our Ferret Group!! Club Med Ferrets
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clubmedferrets
NEW! Go shopping with CMF, proceeds go to Shelters!
http://www.geocities.com/clubmedferrets