From:
The Weyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 17:39:52 -0700
Alright folks,

I'm sure everyone has good intentions but I am also as sure that if
you've been involved with humans in any regard, you have come across
at least one who has the personality I garnered about this woman ...
ignorant, not necessarily stupid but definitely ignorant, and too
ignorant to realize how asinine they are being.

When would a single one of you, owner, lover, or shelter mom, flat
refuse to take a sick kid, regardless of how many legs, or none, to
the doctor? Anyone? I thought not.

I get the whole carrot and stick, honey vs vinegar routine. I work in
sales to pay vet bills, you better believe I can slather sugar all
over, but the woman involved here is lucky it was not me she said these
things to. We have a pretty hardy Animal Control department here, and
some of the things she espoused border on neglect and abuse. People
like this don't WANT to listen and they flat will refuse to regardless
of how you said what you said. I know, I have talked to them through
an entire 20+ years career in law enforcement and now the sales
department. They don't want help, know everything, are always right
and I for one have zero tolerance for those involved in either neglect
or abuse. Pass the stick and vinegar please.

As for posting her name and location... Just about every state in this
Union is now considering an felony animal abuser registry. Any one
think that's a bad idea? What about the 'rescues' who are actually
hoarders in disguise? The state of Utah seems to have one who has
been a pretty popular topic here. Many times I have warned people
considering doing adoptions or surrenders at specific locations near
me. My advise is always 'take some one with you who knows dogs, cats,
ferrets, etc, and then go straight to the vet'.

Yes we all have to learn. Yes, even after 20 years of taking in the
sick, the old, the challenged, I still screw up. We're human, we're
bound to make mistakes. I don't have to agree with someone else's
opinion and I certainly don't have to like it, but if I have half a
brain, I'd do well to at least consider it. That my friends is how we
learn.

I think Debbie was brave enough to 'risk the wrath' she knew she'd be
facing if she posted about this so that we all might be aware of a
potential disaster in the making and not inadvertently feed into it.

Thanks for the heads up Debbie.

Most Sincerely,
Brenda, Momma to the FurpeopleWeyr
and advocate for those who depend on us to keep them safe