From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 00:43:52 -0400
As the Mom at Ferret Wise Shelter - I need to say a HUGE Thank you to the
small but dedicated group that showed up for our Fall shelter workday.
There is always so much hands on work that needs to be done and two hands
can only go so fast!  It was wonderful having this core of volunteer
helpers assist myself and shelter Dad Dino Saturday Sept. 16th.  Our
sincere appreciation is extended to: Greg Jandris ( director) , Maurice
Dulac & Raelayne Powell, Skyla Fay (our dedicated volunteer vet tech),
Donna Spirito another hard working rescuer.

We managed to clean out the big rice dig box, power wash the youngsters
condo, power wash unused cages from the garage & cellar making them ready
for donation to the Ferret Emergency Response, Rescue and Evacuation
Team, re-outfit all the shelter ferret cages, even apply some paint /
primer to building clapboards in the afternoon.

When all that was done - we sat to a great pot luck luncheon which
included Maine lobsters donated for all to enjoy by Maurice.  Donna
brought several wonderful desserts and fresh garden veggies, for those
who were still hungry the grill was fired to cook hot dogs.

As the Fall Season falls around us we are very grateful for those
hands that worked hard to ready the place for future months.  It was
a wonderful day when many hands made light work that not only would
be focused here but cages that would help future emergency rescues.
We are proud to call you all our shelter friends.

Alicia, Dino and the many faces at Ferret Wise
www.ferretwise.org