From:
Holly Gorrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 13:37:54 -0500
I feed my 2 little carpet sharks a mixture of foods, some of which I
order over the Internet.  The last order I sent in came back with a free
treat sampler package.  It contained some rather odd items, such as
dried shrimp, dried squid and dried sardines, or at least they look like
sardines.  Knowing how finicky they are, I figured there would be no way
they would touch any of the stuff.  Still, I was brought up with the
whole waste not want not frame of mind.  So before trashing them or
giving them away to a friend who has cats, I decided to see if they had
any interest is any of the items.  Boy, was I in for a surprise!  They
went nuts!  They would eat the whole bag if I let them.  Is this sort
of thing safe for ferrets?  If so, how much seafood type stuff should I
allow them?  Can anyone advise me on that?

Holly,
Icarus & Cato