From:
Jamie Maria Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 21:57:39 EDT
Hello fellow ferret slaves.  I have three ferrets two 3 yr olds and one
4 yr old.  I'm having problems with two of them.

Tazz is my male, 3, neutered and about 2.5-3lbs.  This weekend I noticed
a hard lump in his abdomen.  Took him to the vet where I work today and
we are thinking its his spleen.  He had an enlarged spleen when we did
his annual vaccinations last September, but not this big.  My regular
ferret vet wasn't in today, I will work with him Saturday.  He's not in
any discomfort, eats/drink/poos/pees fine.  Runs around and plays like
crazy, wrestles with his sisters and his dog buddy.  We took some xrays,
but those were inconclusive, and couldn't get any blood for bloodwork.
We'll see how it goes on Saturday.  Any thoughts from those who've had to
deal with this problem?  I've read a little bit on it saying its not
that bad and removal is reccomended if it causes the ferret discomfort.

Now the other one, Lilah is my 4 yr old, spayed female albino.  I just
noticed her lump tonight after we got home from work (of course) its on
the side of her neck, very soft but noticable.  I'm not sure what that
could be, so she will also see the vet Saturday.  She also acts perfectly
normal, was chowing down on some food when I noticed the lump.  I can't
believe I didn't notice it before!

Well think good thoughts Saturday when we go see the vet again.

Dooks,
Jamie M. R.V.T.
Mom to Tazz-the big boy, Mica-the little princess, Lilah-demon eyes