Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2013 11:45:38 -0700
Hello again everyone;

The Animal Rescue Site's Shelter Challenge is about to begin again.
Tricks and Treats Rescue has entered this challenge for the first
time.

As many of you know we experienced severe damage when Hurricane Ike
made landfall over Shoreacres, TX where we are located. The entire city
was flooded because of 20+ feet of saltwater tidal surge. Every ground
level home and building in Shoreacres sustained between 4 and over 8
feet of salt water intrusion for 3 days. Then after almost completely
having our house rebuilt, we flooded again, twice, in April 2009 - just
over 6 months after the hurricane flood. As a result of those 2 floods
we had to tear out and begin again. These successive floods have been
quite a challenge to overcome.

It has taken us a LONG time to have our house - the main Rescue
facility - rebuilt - this time elevated; but we are finally almost
finished with that part of our recovery from all the damage.

As a result of these challenges our Rescue efforts were downsized
significantly. We have rescued about half of the number we served
prior to 2008, but as we complete our recovery we are ready to
resume our previous commitments to saving all those that we can.

We are ready now to build fences, pens, and outdoor shelters (for when
our Rescues play outside - No pet rescued by Tricks and Treats has ever
lived or will ever live outside). But because we put every penny of our
savings and retirement funds into rebuilding the house, twice, we are
out of money. While we intend to eventually hold fund raisers, winning
this challenge would be a great opportunity for us to complete
rebuilding the entire Rescue.

The shelter challenge voting begins August 12, 2013. We would be very
grateful if you would go to their site and cast your vote for us. You
can find us at Tricks and Treats Rescue in Shoreacres, TX.

Thank you all;

Vicki

Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue