From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:55:46 -0500
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?
gid=1423922&messageid=6485&startid=6487

While Dr. L. comments about biliary obstruction are cerrtainly valid,
I am taken by the severe anemia in this case, and would want to add
the possibility of hemolytic anemia in this case.  While many cases
of hemolytic anemia degenerate rapidly, the fact that Meiko is already
on maximal levels of prednisone may be stalling the progression.

I would very much like to see a recheck on the CBC to see what the HCT
and RBC count is.

Yes, biliary obstruction is a consideration, and gall stones are probably
more prevalent that we believe.  However, with severe anemia, surgery is
a very risky issue here.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM