From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2012 18:35:49 -0400
13 weeks old so say 2/26/2012 for birthdate

Name: KeskitAA (pronounced a lot like it looks: Kes kit AH)
[The FML only carries old-fashioned typewriter letters. I will likely
change to something more modern soon. Anyhow, the last two letters of
the above name are both "latin small letter a with diaeresis". In other
words, an a with two dots over it. BIG]

We try to avoid neural crest variant aspects but fell in love with her.
She appears to be a cross between a dark but completely mitted line and
perhaps a K.I.T. neural crest variant line since she not only has a
blaze but also has white knees.

She is the calmest and most purposeful kit we have met in our 32 or so
years with ferrets, very focused, and also very much a cuddler. Also,
she is a good jumper. Very feminine in mustelid terms: long and thin
face and very gracile body. Like some others we have known who had full
mitts and full bibs she likes to put her hands into my mouth if she is
worried and actually did so on her first day with us when a car alarm
went off.

We will have to see if she likes peppermint. For some reason many
ferrets with the full mitts and full bibs like it while most ferrets
find even the smell horrid, and that is something that others with
such ferrets (including a geneticist) on the Ferret-Genetics site tried
years ago when we mentioned it with incredibly consistent results. (She
does; she likes the smell!)

She hears but she acts like certain sounds are unpleasant so her
hearing might not be normal hearing as often happens with ones that
have blazes. She LOVES the sound of this name. We let her select among
possible names and she perked right up for this one and even came out
from behind a bookcase to cuddle when it was said.

Pivot does not accept her yet, but Piv tends to not warm up easily to
other ferrets, only to people. Orville already adores her and from how
she acts toward him the feeling is mutual.

KeskittAA is overdue for her CD vaccines so those will be next two
weeks apart, followed by the rabies one afterward.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.miamiferret.org/