From:
Melinda Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 May 1998 22:51:23 -0500
We just picked up some liquid Lasix from the vet for our 6 year old ferret
this Friday.  We have not given her any yet, because we are not sure how to
measure out 1mg.

We have the "Furosemide Oral Solution" 10mg/ml.  How do we know how much is
1mg??  We asked at the vets when we picked up the medicine, but the vet was
not in and the people working at the desk were not sure of the measurement
for 1mg.

The liquid Lasix came with a dropper that measures: .25,   .5,   .75,
1.0 ml.  On this dropper and this solution of 10mg/ml what would 1 mg be?

We stopped by a pharmacy to see if the pharmacist could figure out what
would be 1mg.  First he said it depends on the solution we are using.  The
solution we have is 10jmg/ml.  He gave us an insulin syringe and said that
the 10 would be about 1mg.  Is this correct?  It is a very tiny syringe (use
without needle).

Would 1mg on the dropper be just a little less than .25ml?

I hope someone has the answer to this so we can get her started on the
Lasix.

Thank you

Melinda