From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 12:17:09 -0500
I'm sorry that some people are so short-sighted that they can't imagine
someone life changing enough that some things must be given up.  It's
amazing how others think that their lives are a perfect model to make
judgements on other with.

Those of you that choose to give up your little furballs because your lives
have become too hectic, I really feel for you.  Ferrets are fantastic stress
reducers.  They provide hours of fun and happiness, just by being
themselves.  Their intelligence can (and often does!) amaze us.

However, things happen.  I've got a pair of fuzzies that I love alot, that
I got from a girl who *also* loved them.  However, her job went full time
(40 hours per week) and her class schedule doubled, taking 49 hours a week.
When travel time is included, plus time to get a shower, cook, shop, clean
house, sleep, etc., it can leave next to no time for much of
anything--television, bowling, or, regrettably, fuzzies.

So, this girl did the best thing possible.  SHE CONSIDERED THE HEALTH,
HAPPINESS AND WELFARE OF HER FERRETS AND DECIDED TO FIND THEM A NEW HOME
where they could be loved and cared for in the manner that they deserve.
That was very hard for her and she almost didn't do it.  She only took $60
towards the investment she had made in her fuzzies, because she had just
bought a newer cage for them.  In all, the cost of the fuzzies, the food,
the toys and hammocks, etc., I got about $400 - $450 worth of fuzzies and
supplies for $60.  Gee...did she make a profit?  I don't think so.  She
actually cared.

Let's stop judging everyone else because we don't understand.  Leave others
alone and just enjoy the fuzzies and help support each other.  Snapping and
biting people because they aren't like us doesn't help anyone.

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns
(Fuzzer, Misti-Ferret, Add-A-Kiss, Ziggy, Rusti and Silver [the "old
codger"!])
---
http://users.success.net/toddl/
(Sorry in advance for some of the links not working...don't have time to
keep it updated...gotta spend time with the fuzzies! :) )
---
http://users.success.net/toddl/