From:
Ferrets at Heart -- Ask A Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 2011 19:14:57 -0500
Everyone who has sent kind thoughts and well-wishes regarding my mother
deserves individual thanks, but I am unable to tender them by email at
this time, until the full use of my left hand returns after this most
recent mini-stroke. Mom is grateful for all your prayers.

Mom's biopsy was very revealing. Most of the time, no air is reaching
her right lung, and the airflow to her left lung has been reduced. The
culture won't be back for 5 days, but the visual exam leads to the
conclusion of cancer.

They did not send her home today. Her oxygen keeps fluctuating between
81% and 96%. She can't be allowed to cough, further injuring the ripped
muscles along and through her ribcage.

Radiation will begin Monday to open her airway. Next will come surgery
to remove the tumor. Then, more radiation. If there will be chemo, we
don't know yet.

I will update you all as I have information. Thank you again for your
support during this period.

Wishing for a Christmas miracle,

Lori of Ferrets at Heart
Huron, Ohio