From:
Beth Comarow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 1997 13:39:06 -0500
Several caring, adventurous people offered to help drive Gabby from Dick's
New Hampshire shelter down toward Maryland.  Today, Jules ([log in to unmask])
and her mother and one-month (human) baby suddenly changed their plans so
they could get us past the talking part.  They'll bring her from Dick's to
PA, leaving at midnight tonight.  We'll meet Monday @ 8:00 a.m.  at some
historical visitor's center in PA.  Hope somebody tells me which one.  So
Gabby's on her way home.

I'm anxious about her; she stopped eating for a couple days after a rabies
shot, and was very frightened at the shelter at first, since she had never
been anywhere but her home, for 4 1/2 years.  Then they dumped her because
they were moving and didn't think she'd mourn.  Thanks to everyone who
offered to help or was hoping to offer to help.  None of you even had any
plans to travel.

Jules is on her way to the Bossart's as I type this, to get her - and a new
cinnamon ferret for her mom, too.  Our ferrets are Pads, a
silver-mitt-1/2-blaze-splotch-on-head-2-tone-tail, and Miska, a black sable
mitt.  David and I haven't had the pleasure of a brown or masked ferret yet;
Dick says Gabby is light chocolate with a mask, very sweet, but not pin-up
material.  Men.  That's okay, there's a place in the world for little
sparrows.  (Dick stop eating cookies and help Joan get her ready.)

Beth