From:
Shawn & Melissa Archambeault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 06:34:52 -0400
panda was diagnosed with lymphoma (cancer of the bone marrow/blood) close
to 2 years ago.  he was given 2-6 months to live but closer to 2.  as you
can see, he was a fighter.  i want to thank dr karen purcell, if it wasn't
for you and your knowledge about the mixture i have been feeding him.  i
never would have had the pleasure of being in his life this long.  i know
that he was living on borrowed time and that he does not have to suffer
anymore, but that does not lessen the pain of loosing him.  just 2 days ago
i got him to give me a great big smile and he did somewhat of a war dance
for me.  all week he didn't want to take his medicine but he eventually
would, i think for my sake.  it was yesterday (friday) i got home around
3:30.  i went to check on him and i thought he was sleeping in his fleece
tunnel tube, something did not seem right, so i took a closer look.  i
could not see him breathing and he looked purplish.  i pulled him out of
the tunnel tube and he was still warm, he had just died minutes before i
got home.  i wished he could have waited a few more minutes so i could have
held him and told him it would be okay.  a half hour before my husband
heard panda crying but he thought panda was just having a bad dream.  if
only i got home a few minutes sooner.  he was so beautiful, he was a grey
and white blaze.  i miss him dearly....skeeter please tell panda i love him
and miss him so!!!!  i miss he war dances (he didn't do them like all the
other guys, his war just so odd and funny and special) i miss the great big
smile on his face while dancing.

today (saturday) i am bringing him to be cremated.  so that he can be with
his friends gypsy, bones and binky, who i have also lost this year.  i know
this was eventually going to happen to all of them because they were all
ill or old but i brought them home from the shelter so they would at least
have a place to call home before they crossed the bridge.  i do not regret
doing this for them, i am glad i did, they made many friend while being
here, but i still miss them aswell.  skeeter please help panda find the
rest of his buddies.  i love and miss them all.

thank you
-melissa