From:
"Stines, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:07:07 -0500
I recently switched our fuzzies' food to Innova Senior Cat.  It is pretty
hard to find but cost about as much as the "premium" ferret diets.  I
know all the arguments both for and against kibble, but anything else is
impractical for us.  So I just try to choose the very best kibble I can
find.  So far they love it.  It took no time at all to move them away for
the 8 in 1.  It is marketed as a "whole" food kibble and meets all the
general requirements for good kibble.  It seems to crumble easier and
gets stuck in their palette less.  I chose the senior for it's shape and
crumble, but also because it has 26% protein.  I will check the archives,
but I'm pretty sure I read that lower protein in older ferrets is
preferred.  So far, the girls eat more of it, poo more but have trimmed
away their blubber and increased their muscle tone.  Bebe especially was
getting to be a chunk.  We often commented that it looked like she was
wearing baggy pants.  But now she is sleek and tight.  Just wondering if
anyone else has seen similar improvements?

James, Melissa, Kassidy & Jasmine

Loving:  Bebe, Riley
Missing: Wheezer, Pym, Rikki, Jako