From:
HAL-9000-X <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:37:40 -0700
Pat's message is at the bottom of my message,

I must say that after watching so much political "crap slinging" in
"Sac-of-tomatoes" (sacramento) it hardly comes as a surprise that they
ruled against Ferret ownership.

The oh so mighty "fish and games" need something to do as our off coast
fish populations are basically non-exsistant due to over fishing,
huntable wildlife is gone, and tide pools and shorelines are striped of
any life and shipped to aquarium stores so they need a new attention
getting device to make their exsistence noteworthy.  "Let's pick on the
ferrets!!!"

What a crock of sh-t.  What they really need is a shot of thorazine,
(50 cc should work).

They say their collective worth is protecting wildlife, you really want
to protect wild life , get rid of cats!!!!  They account for more losses
of song birds, small mammals and small animals then any other animal
ether wild or domesticated (ok , fire away felinaphiles).

They ruthlessly kill even though they are well fed, they also
sadistically play with their victims before killing them .  We used
to live in hollywood florida, abandoned cats killed off all the shore
birds , gulls, terns, sheerwaters, whatever and the local cat-lovers
bring them food and water daily.

A program by the National Geographic followed a group of cats that had
access to their outdoor playground , these G-D D-mned cats had killed off
so many species of critters that it makes you sick and mind you these are
"domesticated cats".  Cats are the true menace to wildlife, in Australia
, cats have extermenated 16 species of mammals that are now extinct...

But would the CF&G go after cats , h-ll no , it's the "political third
rail" touch it you die.

So instead of aiming at getting ferrets legalised lets get them with
their own words, if they want to put ferrets into a group of wildlife
killers than they MUST include cats in that group!!!  how fast would the
wheels of justice turn?  "I Can't Have My Little Fluffy!!",,,,,,, "Sorry
lady, fluffy has killed 15,000 sparrows, two goldfinches and a mailman,
we have to put him down!!"

Sounds stupid, well, the numbers might be wrong but the idea is right.
So let's go into court with those sierra club knuckleheads and force them
to make cats "illegal" as they kill wildlife... it's their arguement,
lets use it.  If it comes down to numbers , their are several societies
that track wildlife kills by felines, show that against a graph of ferret
kills, lets see what it looks like ,

Ferrets= 1opossum, 2 sparrows, a lizard (Western Fence lizard) and a
gopher
Felines= 64,000 sparrows, 24,000 squrrials, 18,000 lizards (several
species) and numerous endangered species

Well????
Mark J., Peta S., Maximillion (The Chihuahua) & Zeus (The Weasel)