From:
Date:
Sun, 30 May 1999 15:19:59 -0700
>From:    "Selina, Birch, Dief, Sprite, Storm and Sand"
>Subject: musical? ferrets
>Just wondering if anybody plays a musical instrument.  I play the flute
>and the ocarina (not terribly well) on occasion, and Birch goes nuts when
>she hears the noise.

I studied music in college and hence have a lot of instruments.  Some
ferrets like different instruments but the flute and recorder always got
more interest than the classical guitar.  Harmonica got the least
instrument I think.

>From:    Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Responses
>Bill, do you know how many times you posted in just the last year?  I
>didn't want to spend the rest of the year looking for Gee Whizzes.

Guessing thats me... I did say I wasn't reticent in posting.  I tend to
post mostly responses.  Probably the same reason I never manage to get
article written for Modern Ferret - without questions to answer or points
to respond to I don't tend to write.  I also tend to not answer questions
that I expect to get several answers from others.

>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: vets and pricing
>I don't *ever* "expect" a break on charges, but anytime I receive them,
>they are gratefully accepted.

Lisa, we commend your attitude.  We use the same approach with our vets.
Those we use the most end up cutting us some breaks but we don't feel they
owe us.  We chose those that seem to care the most about our animals (and
we do end up use different vets for different services and animals) and
that strive to provide the best care possible.  We think those efforts are
worth more than we get charged at times.

>From:    "Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: dead ferret syndrome & a Tiffany Taylor "sighting"
>Anyone on the FML from around here going?

Well I was there.  One of the oldest lunatics out in the mosh pit.

Darn.  I didn't know she would be there.  Yeah, like I'd have seen her in
a crowd of 80,000.  I don't get the radio station well at all living on
the other side of the blue ridge so missed hearing Tiffany.  Shucks.

I wanna meet someone with a ferret that shares my name...

>From:    "Mary L. McCarty" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ferrets in Waynesboro, PA

We aren't too far from there but not sure our shelter would be better than
yours.  Not sure I can get there before you either.  Have you tried
reaching Georgia?  Its about a hours drive from Winchester.

>From:    Bobbi McCanse <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Wood pellets
>We have used wood pellets in our shelter for almost four years.  The only
>time that we had a fly problem was when we foolishly decided to try and
>compost them (poop and all, of course).

Sorry its off topic but there is a fly larva eating parasite that you can
order from a llama supply company.  Works great.  On the composting that
includes the ferret wastes and woodstove3 pellets as well as what we clean
up from the llama and goats.  Write us off-list if interested... (we are
not affilliated with the company at all)

-bill
--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets