From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:41:43 -0500
>From: Angela and Darryl Smith <[log in to unmask]>
>All of us as Ferret Owners are an elite group of people. A ferret takes
>more responsibility than a dog, cat, aquariums, snakes, lizards, and
>most birds.

I do say I have to disagree here.

We have been sheltering and rescuing for 10 years to date-- and Ferrets
are DIFFERENT pets but not better!  Ferrets require special care have
special needs for socialization etc.  but they are not better than
another pet.  Humans have individual limitations as do our varied pet
choices.  For some of us ferrets are a perfect match-- for others they
are not.

I understand your frustration -- but we need many people to understand
this very special pet.  We ( ferret rescue community) need for folks to
know IF this is the perfect pet for them, and if NOT then to know NOT to
buy it.

I believe your viewpoint could actually be adverse in educating the
public about ferrets -- or perhaps you chose the improper words to
illustrate your point?

Alicia D.

www.ferretwise.org