From:
Emily Topp Born <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 23:40:48 +0200
Does anyone know if it's possible for a ferret to get motion sickness??

When we auto travel with our two ferrets for long distances, they go in
a travel cage that has a hammock and litterbox, plus we cover it with a
blanket for most of the time.  There's also a sleepsack on the floor in
case the hammock is not to their satisfaction.

The little girl curls right up and goes to sleep, but the boy is frantic
the whole time, covered or not (on our usual family visit, that's 3-4
hours).  He continually scratches to get out.  He hates being caged, so
I think that's it, but I'm just trying to think of all possibilities.
Maybe he's sick and uncomfortable?  He does this even if I premedicate
him with children's Benadryl - he just won't go to sleep!!

Em