From:
Lori Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 14:55:39 -0700
If it weren't for some experiences I have had dealing with people being
afraid of ferrets, I would have to agree that the Verizon chimerical is
just another laugh at a ferret getting the best of a human; the thing
is, I know better now that an advertisement like that one can do damage.
Ever since I started with ferrets I have tried hard to convince family
members and visitors to my home that they won't become evil vampires and
bit the "s***" out of that person.  What was even more threatening, in
my opinion that many of you will share, is that I had to convince my
apartment manager that my "rats" were not sent from Satan.  None of the
questions about biting or fear of my ferrets were ever caused by mine or
any other ferrets!  People just seem to be afraid.  I had a couple that
was over ask me if they really would bite you like in the Verizon
chimerical!  I don't hate the chimerical, I just hate the way people can
react to it.

I posted some questions a few days ago that were never answered.  What
is the history of Sandee?  How and is it necessary to ferret-proof the
fridge and oven?  Note that I have an electric oven that is never on when
the fur kids are romping in the apartment.