From:
"Bryan P. Coffey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 08:06:15 -0500
After much delay, I now have the winners of some of the Poem Contest
Categories.  The winner of the Haiku Contest is:

   "Honey"
   Inquisitive nose.
   Velvet paws lightly tread n.
   Winter's chill fluffs fur.
         by Sandy Repper of New Mexico (with assistance from the Fuzzy
Dojo)

The Limerick contest was a little tougher.  Us judges (me, my wife, and
some co-workers) got this down to two limericks, and we couldn't
decide.  Fortunately when I looked up the author, it turned out the same
person wrote both.  So the winners of the Limerick Contest are:

  Tabitha's a scaler of walls,
  She wants to reach Mummy (who's tall)).
  So vertically she'll climb,
  Until such a time,
  When she will undoubtedly fall!

  Tabitha's a tipper of glasses,
  No opportunity for this she passes.
  To investigate the scene,
  Looking under, around, between,
  Even stealing off with Mummy's glasses.
          both by Georgina of Australia (with assistance from Tabitha &
Endora)

Both of the above authors will receive either a stained glass ferret (sable
for the haiku and blue for the limericks) or a nice gift certificate to The
Ferret Store.  (Whichever the winner doesn't select will be donated to a
ferret shelter of the winner's choice).  I apologize for being late for
holiday gift giving, but hopefully I'll have the rest of the announcements
out before the festivities are completely over.

This seems like a good time to mention also an additional category that
I just made up.  The Editor's Choice Award for Excessive and Deliberate
Creativity goes to Sandy Repper.  Anyone who looks at the new material
for the Third Edition of the Ferret Poem Book will realize that she has
pretty much covered every topic and writing style.  For this blatant act
of verbosity and fun you will be sent a green stained glass ferret
whether you like it or not!

Bryan Coffey and the Weasel Warriors
www.gis.net/~bpcoffey/furball.html