From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 1995 17:01:48 -0400
to:    "Diane E. Emery" <>

>>I have been thinking lately that Rocket could use a friend. He is almost a
year old and is, according to me the momma, perfect. He is almost 100% litter
box trained, never bites (except in play and NEVER hard) and is most
definitely a lap ferret.<<

Be prepared to loose ALL of those wonderful atributes and start training from
day one all over again if you get a second rebel rouser.  : )

Actually, two ferrets are a bundle of fun, but introducing a second ferret
can upset the "desired" routine of the original ferret and you will have to
be very diligent on the training aspect.  Do not think that ferret 1 will
train ferret 2.  More than likely ferret 2 will untrain ferret 1.

The perfect number of ferrets to have is three, so maybe you should get two
more and then not have to go through retraining a third time!  Or do what I
do - give in and let them be happy doing it their way.

Pam and her Pet Pals