Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:27:22 -0500
You know you're a ferret owner when...  you start having your ferret's
dreams!

Last night I dreamed that I was invited to a big banquet, at a rather
medieval looking grey limestone banquest hall.  I decided to go early to
see some of the food being prepared.  When I got to the kitchen, I saw that
the main dish to be served were giant mice!  The mice were being dressed,
stuffed, etc for cooking.  I was very excited and thought that this would
be a delicious dinner!

Then I started to wake up, and thought as I surfaced "ooh, this is a good
dream, I'll have to go right back into it when I fall back asleep."  But
somehow my sleepy brain realized that this was actually a very strange
dream.  And there was Amelia, sound asleep curled up against me, her little
paws twitching... I thought about the size of a mouse relative to the size
of a ferret, and the size of the dream-mice relative to me, and it seemed
to me the proportions were about the same.  All I can think is that I
somehow picked up Amelia's dream.  After all, the only color I remember
from it (and I usually dream in color) was the (sorry to be graphic) blood
and flesh of the mice, bright red, the only color that most ferrets see.
I don't think she's ever eaten a mouse, but boy, she sure seemed to be
looking forward to it...

Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/8096

          The eight legs of the devil now
             are crawling up my spine